Perhaps you are unsure if a Wedding Planner is a necessary expense. This can be compared to people who know how to change their oil, but prefer to get it serviced at a garage instead. Essentially you are paying someone to reduce your stress and free up your time. It may not be for everyone, but for those that do splurge on a wedding planner, Schupepe has comprised a list below of the services that you can expect.
Help Set Up a Realistic Budget
The very first thing that needs to be done is the wedding budget. Obviously this will affect all decisions concerning venues and vendors. A wedding planner knows the prices of everything and will be able to help you come up with a realistic budget.
This is quite often the most complicated job that a wedding planner undertakes. However, this is where a wedding planner’s expertise is invaluable. Venues are often booked a year in advance, so it is essential to get started right away. A good wedding planner will present you with a variety of options.
Many of the most popular wedding vendors (caterers, florists, photographers) are booked a year in advance. A good wedding planner will have relationships with a wide variety of vendors and will be able to make personalised recommendations based on your particular style and budget. A wedding planner can also broker great deals with vendors, getting you the most for your money.
• Assist with the invitations, RSVPs, Save the Dates, etc
• Carefully read the vendor contracts to make sure everything is in order
• Serve as your spokesperson to vendors and even family members
• Help devise a wedding day plan including all the details from the music to the favours
• Creating a wedding timeline that is distributed to everyone involved
• Managing the wedding day itself –
• Supervising vendors, setup and delivery
• Putting out potential fires (handling any emergencies)
• Making sure the bride and groom are calm and relaxed
• Assist in booking your honeymoon and travel plans
Schupepe has been fortunate to work with a wide range of wedding planners. We would be happy to recommend someone in the Auckland area that could assist you with your wedding plans.
Have a look at our wedding marquees! Contact us today to book your free on-site visit.