Wedding season is in full swing now that spring has finally sprung. Here at Schupepe, we are fortunate to provide so many happy couples with a wedding marquee for their outside venues. Everyone wants their wedding to be perfect, so we’ve decided to help out our married-couples-to-be by providing them with a list of the top ten wedding faux pas.
1. Be considerate to your Bridesmaids – try to find a happy medium when it comes to bridesmaids dresses. Think carefully about the fabric and the cost!
2. If you invite someone to your bachelorette or bachelor party, or even your engagement party – be sure to invite them to the wedding as well.
3. Consider the distance and time frame between the ceremony and reception. No one wants to drive for hours on end or wait around for long lengths of time for the festivities to begin.
4. Cut the cake at a reasonable time. There may be older guests who feel it is rude to leave before the cake cutting – or simply are more interested in eating cake rather than drinking booze. Don’t wait until the very end of the night.
5. Thank you notes are a necessity!
6. Provide a wedding marquee for outdoor weddings! Protect your guests from the elements.
7. Carefully consider your seating chart! If you have to invite family members who are feuding – make sure they are not sitting at the same table.
8. Give people a few choices for food – you never know who may be allergic to certain things or who doesn’t eat meat.
9. Provide non-alcoholic beverages throughout the day, especially at an outdoor wedding.
10. Make sure there are enough restroom facilities. A rule of thumb is 1 bathroom per 25 guests.
Contact Schupepe today to book your free onsite visit.